11. 7. 2013
The oldest theatre building in Central Europe. It is a Conner house situated on the Vegetable Market (Zelný trh) which was built at the beginning of the 17th century and later converted to a tavern that served as a meeting point for the wandering theatre societies. The City Council used the place as a venue of various social events and theatre performances. The place saw the first staging of a play in the Czech language in 1767 and in the same year it welcomed the eleven-year-old W. A. Mozart who gave his concert there. Today the building is used by the Brno National Theatre.