29. 4. 2013
The chateau in Vizovice was built in the middle of the 18th century by Hermann Hannibal von Blümegen, the priest of Olomouc and future bishop of Hradec Kralové.
Franz Anton Grimm (1710-1784), a prominent Brno architect, was charged with the construction of the chateau and conceived it in the then modern French style. In the second half of the 18th century under the Blümegens not only were the construction of the chateau and its garden completed, but also exceedingly valuable interior furnishings were acquired.
A late Baroque chateau, one of the most beautiful ones in Moravia, is situated in the town centre at the foothill of Vizovice Heights. It contains an exceptional collection of paintings created by the master builder of the Vizovice chateau and completed by the Stillfried family. The chateau premises include also a garden with a pond built concurrently with the chateau.