Mariánská Týnice – The Pilgrimage Church of the Annunciation of Our Lady
The beginning of the pilgrimage place in Mariánský Týnec goes back to the year 1230 and is connected with the activities of the Cistercian monastery in Plasy. The vigour of the place began in the second half of the 17th century, when the provostship was originated here and the original church was enlarged. In 1711 the foundation stone of the future pilgrimage Church of the Annunciation of Our Lady was laid. Giovanni B. Santini was the architect of the church. The church on the ground plan of the Greek cross was completed in the second half of the 18th century. In 1920 its dome collapsed and was reconstructed in the year 2000. These days the Regional Museum is in the building of the former provostship.